1. A slow creeping mode of movement (on hands and knees or dragging the body); SYN. crawling, creep, creeping.
2. A swimming stroke; arms are moved alternately overhead accompanied by a flutter kick; SYN. front crawl, Australian crawl.
3. A very slow movement.
1. To move slowly; in the case of people or animals with the body near the ground; SYN. creep.
2. To feel a shivering sensation of fear or apprehension.
3. To be crawling with.
4. To swim by doing the crawl.
To compile and organize entries for a search engine by reading Web pages and related information. Crawling is typically performed by programs called “spiders.”