1. Fire that makes it difficult for the enemy to fire on one's own individuals or formations; SYN. covering fire.
2. The act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it; SYN. covering, screening, masking.
1. To form a cover over; SYN. spread over.
2. To hide from view or knowledge; SYN. cover up.
3. To provide with a covering or cause to be covered
4. To spread over a surface to conceal or protect
5. To be responsible for guarding an opponent in a game.
6. To clothe, as if for protection from the elements; SYN. wrap up.
7. To protect by insurance; SYN. insure, underwrite.
8. To protect or defend a position in a game
9. To provide for
10. To take an action to protect against future problems
11. To span an interval of distance, space or time; SYN. extend.
12. To be sufficient to meet, defray, or offset the charge or cost of
13. To compensate or make up for.
14. To deal with verbally or in some form of artistic expression; SYN. treat, handle, work, plow, deal, address.
15. To help out by taking someone's place an temporarily assuming his responsibilities
16. To invest with a large or excessive amount of something
17. To maintain a check on; esp. by patrolling
18. To play a higher card than the one previously played
address · breed · brood · compensate · comprehend · continue · cover up · cross · cut across · cut through · deal · embrace · encompass · enshroud · extend · get across · get over · handle · hatch · hide · incubate · insure · overcompensate · overlay · pass over · plow · report · shroud · spread over · track · traverse · treat · underwrite · wrap up