ETYM Latin constructio: cf. French construction.
1. A group of words that form a constituent of a sentence and are considered as a single unit; SYN. expression.
2. An interpretation of a text or action; SYN. twist.
3. Drawing a figure satisfying certain conditions as part of solving a problem or proving a theorem.
4. The act of constructing or building something; SYN. building.
5. The commercial activity involved in constructing buildings; SYN. building.
6. The creation of a construct; the process of combining ideas into a congruous object of thought; SYN. mental synthesis.