ETYM Late Lat. conductus defense, escort, from Latin conductus, p. p. of conducere. Related to Conduce, Conduit.
1. The act or method of conducting; guidance; management.
2. Skillful guidance or management; generalship.
3. Convoy; escort; guard; guide.
4. That which carries or conveys anything; a channel; a conduit; an instrument.
5. The manner of guiding or carrying one's self; personal behavior; mode of action.
6. Plot; action; construction; manner of development.
1. To direct the course of; manage or control; SYN. carry out, carry on, deal.
2. To lead; SYN. lead, direct.
3. To transmit or serve as the medium for transmission, as of sounds or images; SYN. transmit, convey, carry, channel.