ETYM Old Eng. compouned, p. p. of compounen. Related to Compound.
1. Consisting of two or more substances or ingredients or elements or parts.
2. (Botany) Especially of leaf shapes; composed of several similar parts or lobes.
Sinonimi: chemical compound
ETYM Malay kompung a village.
1. An enclosure of residences and other building (especially in the Orient).
2. A whole formed by a union of two or more elements or parts.
3. (Chemistry) A substance formed by chemical union of two or more elements or ingredients in definite proportion by weight; SYN. chemical compound.
A substance composed of two or more elements whose composition is constant. For example, table salt (sodium chloride - NACl) is a compound.
1. To calculate principal and interest.
2. To combine so as to form a whole; mix; SYN. combine.
3. To create by mixing or combining.
4. To put or add together; SYN. combine.
Chemical substance made up of two or more elements bonded together, so that they cannot be separated by physical means. Compounds are held together by ionic or covalent bonds.