ETYM Latin colonia, from colonus farmer, from colere to cultivate, dwell: cf. French colonie. Related to Culture.
1. A group of animals of the same type living together.
2. A body of people who settle far from home but maintain ties with their homeland; SYN. settlement.
3. (Microbiology) A group of organisms grown from a single parent cell.
1. City in Kansas (USA); zip code 66015.
2. One of the 13 British colonies that formed the original states of the United States.
3. Town in Alabama (USA).
4. Town in Oklahoma (USA); zip code 73021.