1. Not open or affording passage or access
2. Not open to the general public
3. Shut down
4. Blocked against entry; SYN. closed in.
5. Not having an open mind; SYN. unsympathetic.
6. Requiring union membership
7. (Mathematics) Of a curve or surface; having no end points or boundary curves; of a set; having members that can be produced by a specific operation on other members of the same set; of an interval; containing both its endpoints.
8. Used especially of mouth or eyes; SYN. shut.
9. With shutters closed.
10. (Of the wings of birds and insects) Closed together.
In mathematics, descriptive of a set of data for which an operation (such as addition or multiplication) done on any members of the set gives a result that is also a member of the set.
For example, the set of even numbers is closed with respect to addition, because two even numbers added to each other always give another even number.
blinking · blocked · closed · closed in · compressed · drawn · enclosed · nonopening · obstructed · out of use · restricted · sealed · shut · shuttered · squinched · squinting · stoppered · tight · union · unopen · unreceptive · unsympathetic · winking