1. Fastening firmly together; SYN. soldering.
2. A close personal relationship that forms between people (as between husband and wife or parent and child).
3. (Dentistry) A technique for repairing a tooth; resinous material is applied to the surface of the tooth where it adheres to the tooth's enamel.
1. Acronym for Bandwidth On Demand Interoperability Group.
2. The process of combining two or more ISDN B (bearer) channels to form a single channel with a bandwidth greater than the standard B channel bandwidth of 64 Kbps. Bonding two B channels, for example, provides a bandwidth of 128 Kbps, which is four times faster than a 28.8 Kbps modem. Such high-speed channels are ideal for video conferencing, imaging, and transferring large-scale data. See also B channel, BRI, ISDN.