Sinonimi: vane | leaf blade
ETYM Old Eng. blade, blad, AS. blaed leaf; akin to OS., Dutch, Dan., and Swed. blad, Icel. blath, Old High Germ. blat, German blatt, and perh. to Latin folium, Greek phyllon. Related to Blow to blossom, and cf. Foil leaf of metal.
1. A broad flat body part (as of the shoulder or tongue).
2. The part of the skate that slides on the ice.
3. The flat part of a tool or weapon that (usually) has a cutting edge.
4. Something long and thin resembling a blade of grass.
5. Flat surface that rotates and pushes against air or water; SYN. vane.
6. Especially a leaf of grass or the broad portion of a leaf as distinct from the petiole; SYN. leaf blade.
7. A dashing young man.
8. A cut of beef from the shoulder blade.