1. Located at or near the back of an animal; SYN. hind, hinder.
2. Of an earlier date
3. Related to or located at the back
ETYM Shortened from aback.
1. At or to or toward or the back or rear; SYN. backward, backwards, rearward, rearwards.
2. In answer; SYN. in reply.
3. In or to or toward a former location.
4. In or to or toward a past time; SYN. backward.
5. In or to or toward an original condition.
6. In repayment or retaliation.
River 605 miles (974 kilometers) Canada in Nunavut rising along border with Northwest Territories and flowing ENE into Arctic Ocean.
1. The part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer:; SYN. rear.
2. The part of a garment that covers one's back
3. A support that one can lean against while sitting; SYN. backrest.
4. The position of a player on a football team who is stationed behind the line of scrimmage.
5. (Football) A person who plays in the backfield.
The posterior part of a human (or animal) body from the neck to the end of the spine; SYN. dorsum.
1. To be behind; support or vote for; SYN. endorse, plump for, plunk for, support.
2. To be in back of
3. To cause to travel backward
4. To shift to a counterclockwise direction, of the wind.
5. To strengthen by providing with a back or backing.
6. To support financial backing for
7. To travel backward