1. Being ahead of time or need; SYN. beforehand.
2. Situated ahead or going before; SYN. advanced, in advance.
ETYM Cf. French avance, from avancer. Related to Advance.
1. An amount paid before it is earned; SYN. cash advance.
2. Increase in price or value; SYN. rise.
3. A movement forward
4. A change for the better; progress in development
5. A tentative suggestion designed to elicit the reactions of others
6. The act of moving forward (as toward a goal)
1. City in Missouri (USA); zip code 63730.
2. Town in Indiana (USA).
1. To bring forward for consideration or acceptance; SYN. throw out.
2. To cause to move forward; SYN. bring forward.
3. To develop further.
4. To move forward, also in the metaphorical sense; SYN. progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on.
5. To move forward; of clocks and watches; SYN. set ahead.
6. To pay in advance.
7. To rise in rate or price; SYN. gain.
8. Give a promotion to or assign to a higher position
9. Develop in a positive way
10. Contribute to the progress or growth of
boost · bring forward · come along · come on · elevate · encourage · further · gain · gain groun · get ahead · get along · get on · go on · kick upstairs · make headway · march on · move on · pass on · progress · promote · pull ahead · raise · set ahead · shape u · supercharge · throw out · upgrade · win