1. City in Kansas (USA); zip code 67361.
2. City in Minnesota (USA); zip code 56380.
3. Town on the river Meuse, in Ardennes département, NE France; Industries include textiles and dyestuffs; the town’s prosperity dates from the 16th–17th centuries, when it was a Huguenot center. In 1870 Sedan was the scene of Napoleon III’s surrender to Germany during the Franco-Prussian War. It was the focal point of the German advance into France 1940.
Sinonimi: sedan chair
ETYM Said to be named from Sedan, in France, where it was first made, and whence it was introduced into England in the time of King Charles I.
1. A car that is closed and that has front and rear seats and two or four doors.
2. A closed litter for one passenger; SYN. sedan chair.